For First Timers to Bohemia
Mount Bohemia is unlike any other ski area in the Midwest. Much of our terrain is very advanced or expert only, even by “Rocky Mountain” standards.
Mount Bohemia recommends the use of a ski/board helmet while skiing Mount Bohemia or Voodoo Mountain.
NO BEGINNERS ALLOWED
Terrain includes, but not limited to:
- Steep Slopes
- Cliff Bands
- Tree Covered Ski Glades
- Exposed Rock Formation
- Off-Piste Terrain
- Variable Snow Conditions
RECKLESS BEHAVIOR ON MOUNT BOHEMIA CAN KILL YOU!
- Stay In-Bounds of Ski Area at ALL TIMES!
- Do Not Ski Alone!
- Obey NSAA/NSP Skier Responsibility Code!
SNOW GROOMERS AND SNOWMOBILES ON SLOPES DURING PUBLIC SKIING HOURS
SKIERS MUST YIELD TO ALL SNOW MACHINERY!
Skier Responsibility Code
Skiing and snowboarding can be enjoyed in many ways. At areas, you may see people using alpine skis, snowboards, telemark skis, cross country skis, and other specialized equipment, such as that used by the disabled. Regardless of how you decide to enjoy the slopes, always show courtesy to others and be aware that there are elements of risk in skiing that common sense and personal awareness can help reduce. Observe the code listed below, and share with other skiers and riders the responsibility for a great skiing experience.
- Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects
- People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them
- You must not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above
- Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others
- Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment
- Observe all posted signs and warnings
- Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas
- Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely
Know the code. It’s your responsibility.
Note* This is a partial list. Be safety conscious.